Friday, August 21, 2009

Maine

July 27-31. The Long Drive to Maine. After a great time at Skytop, we all started to head up to Maine. The new house that Uncle Chris and Aunt Beth built on Great Pond in the Belgrade Lakes area was just incredible… it blew me away. We had an awesome time up there with all our cousins, and guess what? I learned how to wakeboard, even though I can’t even come close to snowboarding, let alone on water. I basically got up on my first try, but the boat didn’t accelerate fast enough for some reason, so I basically fell on my face. On the second night, all of my cousins and our parents watched the movie, “Taken”, with Liam Neeson. That was an incredible movie and we had some surround sound so I was always shaking in my chair. We had and absolute blast there and it was incredible bunch of days with all my cousins. We also got to drive our ski boat a lot, which we don’t see very much since it’s kept in Maine, not Oregon. On the last day, we visited Bowdoin College in southern Maine, where my Uncle Chris attended college. My Uncle Chris took my cousin, Chris Jr. for an interview…while he met someone in admissions; my Dad and I went and met with the Bowdoin basketball coach. It was funny when he asked me…”so, what grade are you in….?” When he learned I was only going into 8th grade he laughed and then said we should keep in touch with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment