Friday, July 17, 2009

Nana and Poppop's house

Today we just woke up from a very mountainous hotel, we woke up and it wasn't the greatest hotel ever. The room was small and the beds were not so good. When we got to breakfast, we had sort of a funny experience. The clerk at the front desk told my Dad that we could probably get our "thirteen year old" (ie, Thomas, me...even though i just turned 14)...in as a 12 year old (all kids 12 and under were free). He didn't realize just how big i was (i was still in the room when this happened).

Well, we tried to sneak me in as a twelve year old and because of my size, it wasn't flawless. The waitress remarked after taking my order, "Gosh you are one big twelve year old", obviously knowing i was older. My Dad, backpedaling, tried to cover up saying how big I was when i was a baby and one year old (ie, 30 lbs, which was the truth). The portions were small and the food wasnt even that good although patrick may have thought differently. But we decided the "12 yr old" strategy probably had seen its last.

After breakfast we drove over to the local Firestone repair shop where our tire repaired after running over a nail (we emailed Mr Emkes, the CEO, to tell him what a good job they did). After waiting for an hour, we set off for the road. We drove four hours to Nana and Pop pops house in Pinehurst, North Carolina, where everyone is friendly but where it was very hot and humid. We had a great dinner and the next day me and my grandfather played nine holes at a local course. I almost hit two birdies in a row but ended up parring one and birdieing the other. Then we had burgers and lamb for dinner and headed off to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment